As I am sure you have gathered, I really like making brownies. Personally I think I make some pretty stonkingly good ones too. I like that brownies are quite forgiving and once you have a good base recipe you can mess around with little twists and tweaks to your hearts content. Sometimes my experiments really work (Parkin and Pumpkin Brownies… oh yes!) and other times not so much.
Tomorrow is International day of the Midwife and we are going for a picnic with our baby friends and midwives at One to One so I wanted to make some brownies. These are dairy, soya and gluten free so that me, Evan and the midwife who delivered Evan can have them, nom! I have used 85% Cocoa Solids dark chocolate in these but you really have to check the labels to make sure that it doesn’t contain milk or soya. Anyway the recipe…
Prosecco, Strawberry and Chocolate Brownies (gluten free, dairy free and soya free) Recipe
90g Dried Strawberries, finely chopped
75g Dairy Free, Soya Free Margarine, I used Vitalite
200g Dairy Free, Soya Free Dark Chocolate, chopped up
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
300g Caster Sugar
75g Gluten Free Flour
75g Cocoa Powder
- Soak the Strawberries in the Prosecco in a bowl for a few hours
- Put the Margarine and Chocolate in a glass bowl that fits over a saucepan. Bring water in the saucepan to a simmer and then put the bowl over the saucepan and heat until the chocolate and margarine has melted.
- Add the eggs, sugar, flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and mix together really well. Pour in the chocolate mixture and give it a good stir and then add in the strawberries and prosecco.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased and lined tin and bake in an oven preheated to 160ºC and bake for 40mins.
- Allow the brownies to fully cool and then cut and serve with more prosecco!
I still have a few of the Cakes for Eilys books that I had done for charity. They are £10 +£2 p&p. Message me if you fancy one J
Thanks for reading